Dorm Gourmet: We’re Dreaming of a White Trash Mix
Chag Sameach from Dorm Gourmet! My gift to you? I’m making an indulgent exception to my usual health-conscious recipes. This issue, White Trash is a hedonistic treat to celebrate our victory over those Greeks. White Trash is an easy treat to make in bulk, making it great for serving at your Chanukah party or individually packaging for thrifty gifting. It also freezes so well you may want to keep it to yourself—it should last through your winter hibernation.
- 3 cups of Crispix
- 1 6-oz. bag of match-stick pretzels
- 1 6-oz. can of salted roasted peanuts
- 1 handful of Craisins
- 2 bags of M&Ms
- 2 bars of Ghirardelli’s white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Lay all ingredients, aside from the white chocolate, flat on a baking pan.
- Break up chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Add the oil and microwave for a minute and a half
- Pour melted chocolate evenly over the mix.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Store in the freezer in a Ziplock bag.