Dorm Gourmet: Rolling In The Middle East
We all know there’s no place like YU.
However, sometimes we crave the world beyond the good-looking post-grad-filled Third Avenue and the nocturnal St. Nick. This dish combines traditional American fête just in time for Thanksgiving mini-break, with that classic Middle Eastern condiment that New York hipsters can’t seem to get enough of.
- Half cup of original hummus
- One small sweet potato (unpeeled)
- Dash of chili powder
- Optional: sweet potato Terra Chips or veggies
- Wrap potato in saran wrap and poke holes with a fork. Microwave until soft (about four minutes). Let cool before removing the peel.
- Mash well.
- Stir evenly into hummus.
- Add spices to taste.
- Spread hummus on top.
- Layer turkey onto wrap.
- If you like an extra crunch, you can add sweet potato Terra Chip crumbles, potato chips, or veggies.
- Roll wrap.