Speech Emphasizes Seven Hidden Facts; Final Outcome Must Stop Missionaries (Vol. 29, Issue 5)
The following summary of the missionary situation was presented by Rabbi Soloveitchik:
- Official statements issued by the Government place the number of children in missionary schools at 1200. However, Hatzofeh reported the number as 3000.
- The missionaries are dedicated people.
- With the approval of Rome, the missionaries encourage children to participate as Jews in their communities, even though they accept Christianity.
- Some intellectuals in Israel are seriously debating whether or not to join the Ecclesia.
- The demonstrations of P’eylim were not organized or aided by the Neturei Karta.
- A law in some form is indispensable. Such a law would not be in conflict with freedom of religion.
- Such a law would reassert our determination to live as a Masoretic community.